Friday, July 4

Artwark


Artwark is an up and coming jewelry business that started as a hobby. I have enjoyed making jewelry and crafts since I can remember. When I was 12, My favorite Aunt opened an Art Gallery where I spent most of my time after school and on weekends. Needless to say, I spent most of my 'allowance' at the local craft shops, creating some artwork of my own: jewelry.

Throughout school and college I focused full throttle on academia, but I never forgot about crafting, using it when time permitten as an outlet to de-stress. After graduation, a steady diploma in hand, I realized my passion was in the arts. After completing a musical project, I quit my 9-5 job and In October 2007, began my Business JEWELRY BY ARTWARK.

Currently, I design, make and market my jewelry all over the world through my 2 online boutiques on Etsy and Ebay. I also have a daily blog with tidbits on my finds and creations along with photos. www.artwark.blogspot.com I offer several different lines to suit many styles. High end, vintage, trendy-custom orders are always welcome and I urge you to drop in anytime for a peek at some of my pieces.

I personally believe that jewelry creation and wearing is so ancient a ritual- the organic and innate desire women have to feel feminine in a very positive and empowering way. My hope is to make pieces that make the wearer feel great about herself, to emphasize the beauty she already possesses both inside and out. Perhaps with a spiritual charm, array of sparkling stones or even a simple circle necklace to highlight the collarbone. As women, we often put our own needs on the backburner, and my wish is that we celebrate and value ourselves and help each other as women.

In efforts to practice ideal, On June 29, the Limited edition Artwark original “grandmother’s pearls” necklace was Auctioned at the Geva theater’s annual Laugh out loud comedy event w. SIS in Collaboration with Eddie Brille of the David Letterman show. Proceeds from auctions went to SIS, a group assisting Breast Cancer Survivors.
Artwark was also a part of the 2007 Rochester Women's Expo.


The July market will be Artwark's first showing with this group and I am thrilled to be a part of it. Requests for particular items are welcome, I am just an email away!

No comments:

Post a Comment